Healthcare services are the most crucial part of the Qatari government’s mission for a welfare state. To achieve this, they have issued Hukoomi Health Card.
The card facilitates citizens and residents to get health care services at subsidized rates. All government hospitals, including Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC), accept health cards. The most commonly used term for the Hukoomi health card is the Hamad card.
However, you need a valid health card to get subsidized services. So, to avoid paying extra charges, you must renew your health card.
This guide will walk you through the health card renewal process. It is the right place to know everything about renewed medical health.
So let’s start our guide.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking the expiry of the Hukoomi Health Card
- 2 Cost of Health Card Renewal
- 3 Health Card Online Renewal (Step-by-Step Guide)
- 4 Offline Renewal of Qatar Health Card
- 5 Reprinting a damaged or lost health card
- 6 Benefits of Hukoomi health card
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7.1 Is there a penalty for an expired health card?
- 7.2 What is the cost of health card renewal in Qatar?
- 7.3 Is there a grace time for renewing a health card?
- 7.4 Do I need to have a new card after renewal?
- 7.5 How can I renew my health card in Qatar?
- 7.6 What if my payment is declined?
- 7.7 What documents are required for offline application?
- 7.8 What if my valid health card gets lost?
- 7.9 Can I get a discount on medicines through the Hukoomi health card?
- 8 Conclusion
Checking the expiry of the Hukoomi Health Card
Before starting healthcard renewal, it is essential to know whether your health card is expired.
It is effortless to get the validity status of your health card.
Just follow below simple steps:
- Visit the official Hukoomi webpage at https://hukoomi.gov.qa/en/e-services/renew-health-card
- Enter your QID Number, select Check Expiry, and click the “Next” button.
- You will get the information if your health card is expired or not. If your card is not expired, you will receive the below message.
- Similarly, if your card has expired, you will receive the information below.
- You can click Renew health card link to start the online health card renewal process.
Cost of Health Card Renewal
There are nominal charges to renew a health card. The cost of health card renewal is mentioned in the below table.
|Expatriate Residents (Adults and Children)||QR 100|
|Qatari Citizens||QR 50|
|GCC Nationals (Adults and Children)||QR 50|
|Domestic Staff||QR 50|
Health Card Online Renewal (Step-by-Step Guide)
Let us now learn about health card renewal online. It is a simple process and will not take much time. You need to follow the steps given in the below guide.
Step 1: Visit the Health Card e-Service Web Page
First things first, visit the health card e-service website of the Qatar government (Hukoomi) at https://hukoomi.gov.qa/en/e-services/renew-health-card
Step 2: Enter Credentials
Enter your QID Number, Check the “Renew (Update Expiry Date) button, and click Next.
Step 3: Fill up the Application Form
It is a simple and self-explanatory form. You are required to mention the number of years needed for the card. Then provide your valid telephone number. If you want to receive a payment confirmation message in your email, select “Yes” other click “No.” Enter your email address.
Similarly, to receive notifications on your mobile, enter your mobile number and click “Next.”
Step 4: Recheck and Confirm the Details
You need to check and reconfirm your details as entered in Step 3. If these are fine, click “Next”; if not, click the “Previous” button to amend them.
Step 5: Make Payment
Enter your card details (debit or credit) to make the payment. Please note that charges will auto-populate as per your QID.
Step 6: Completion
That’s it! You have successfully submitted your application for renewed medical health. You can print the completion receipt or click the “Finish” button to complete the process.
Since you have applied for your online health card renewal service, you will receive confirmation instantly. The confirmation is sent as per your selection criteria either in an email or SMS.
You can check the updated expiry of your health card as explained earlier in this article.
Furthermore, you do not need to have a new physical card. Your current card is valid after renewal. Health card renewal service is available round the clock and can be done 24×7.
Offline Renewal of Qatar Health Card
Health card renewal can also be done offline by physically visiting the Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) or Primary Health Care Corporation (PHCC) centers. However, offline renewal service is only available during morning working hours.
You need to bring the below-mentioned documents for your offline health card renewal.
- Valid QID
- Expired health card
- Credit or debit card
- Cash (few centers do not have card facility)
Reprinting a damaged or lost health card
You can easily reprint your damaged or lost health card by visiting the official website. On the home page, select the “Reprint” option. The procedure remains the same as we have discussed for health card renewal.
If you lose your valid health card, Qatari nationals pay QR 50, while non-Qataris are charged QR 100 for a replacement.
Similarly, if you lose your expired health card, Qatari nationals have to pay QR 100, while non-Qataris have to pay QR 200 for a replacement.
Benefits of Hukoomi health card
Qatar has well-developed medical services for its residents. The infrastructure and healthcare standards are of high quality.
To further ease facilities, the Qatar government has issued a health card. All residents, irrespective of nationality, can get a health card.
Through a health card, you can avail below-mentioned benefits:
- Subsidized healthcare services in all government facilities, including Hamad Medical Center (HMC).
- Access to the most advanced medical equipment.
- Hukoomi health card holders can get medicines at subsidized rates from government-run pharmacies.
- It has an easy process for online health card renewal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a penalty for an expired health card?
No, there is no plenty for an expired health card. However, you will have to pay the fee for renewing a health card.
What is the cost of health card renewal in Qatar?
The fee for Qatari citizens, GCC nationals, and domestic staff is QR 50. In contrast, expatriates must pay a fee of QR 100 for health card renewal.
Is there a grace time for renewing a health card?
You can renew your health card any time you want. Even if your card has expired for years, you will have to pay a fee for renewing a health card. However, keeping your health card continued in an emergency is advised.
Do I need to have a new card after renewal?
No, you do not need a new card. Your current card becomes valid for further use after renewal. Your health card does not have an expiry date mentioned on it.
How can I renew my health card in Qatar?
You can easily renew your health online as well as offline. Health card online renewal is simple, and a detailed guide is provided in this article. Similarly, you can visit any HMC or PHCC center to get your health card renewed.
What if my payment is declined?
If the portal denies your payment through your card during the online health card renewal process, please call the Hukoomi helpline at 109 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What documents are required for offline application?
You are required to produce the below documents for offline health card renewal:
- Expired health card
- Passport size photograph
- Fee QR 50 (Qatari nationals) or QR 100 (non-Qataris)
What if my valid health card gets lost?
To reprint your Qatari health card, you must pay a fee of QR 50.
Can I get a discount on medicines through the Hukoomi health card?
Yes, you can get medicine at subsidized rates from government-run pharmacies across Qatar.
Hukoomi health card is an all-in-one solution for getting high-standard medical services in Qatar. However, you need a valid card to avail of these services.