Several things need to be understood about Qatar ETAs. First, it is important to note that Qatar ETAs are equivalent to other types of visas, such as tourist visas, e-visas, and travel visas, which can also be used in visa-free countries.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to apply for a Qatar visa?
- 2 Qatar Visa Types and Required Documents
- 3 Types of Qatar e-Visas
- 4 E-Visa application form for Qatar
- 5 FAQs
How to apply for a Qatar visa?
A Qatar e-Visa is a digital visa system introduced in 2017 to expedite visa processing. All travelers are eligible to obtain a Qatar e-Visa to ensure visas are processed faster. You can apply online for a Qatari visa, and once the e-Visa has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email.
It is possible to request a Qatar tourist visa online for up to 30 days in Qatar while applying for a transit visa online is limited to four days. To enter Qatar successfully, Middle Eastern visitors must possess a valid passport and a printed copy of their approved online visa. Applicants will receive their visas within five business days. You can check your Qatar visa status online.
Qatar Visa Types and Required Documents
Online Tourist Visa
- Photo of passport bio-data
- Candidate’s photo
- Return ticket photo
- Scan of passport bio.
- Airline confirmation.
- The invitation letter, Qatar resident visa copy, Qatar ID, and passport bio page of the Qatari citizen are required if you are staying with the Qatari citizen.
- Bills, utility bills, contracts, phone bills, and credit cards.
- For Canada, the GCC, NZ, Schengen countries, the USA, and the UK, a visit visa is valid for 30 days.
Visas for GCC citizens
- Occupation proof may be required.
- Passports must be valid for six months
- Qatar offers 30-day visas
- GCC residents can stay another 90 days.
- Please print out your Qatar visa and bring it to the airport.
- Visas to Qatar are only for tourism
- Travel e-Visas do not allow work or immigration
- Airline connections to Qatar
Types of Qatar e-Visas
E-visas are categorized according to nationality.
- ETA: Qatar is visa-free for Schengen Area residents, who require only a service fee for a 30-day permit. As long as your country is listed as an approved country, you can obtain an e-Visa to Qatar without a valid residency permit or visit visa.
- GCC Residents Visa: This is a one-time entry permit that entitles holders to stay in Qatar for 30 days.
- Online tourist Visa: Online tourist visas are available for citizens of countries not eligible for ETAs or visa-free entry.
- Transit Visa: Qatar offers transit visas to travelers from all countries who transit through Qatar. The transit visa is valid for 4 days.
Note: Qatar is visa-free for GCC nationals.
E-Visa application form for Qatar
Before submitting your application to the Qatar visa department, you should ensure that you have entered all the required information accurately and have the necessary documents.
The following steps will guide you through the process:
- It takes less than a minute to fill out an online visa application.
- Pay the e-Visa fees on the website.
- Your Qatar visa in PDF format will be emailed after you pay.
Note: You must have a valid passport six months before entering Qatar.
Upon arrival in the UAE, your ETA, your GCC visa, and your transit visa will remain valid for another 30 days. Transit visas are only valid for 96 hours, so please make sure the passport you present is valid at that time.
If you are planning to travel from one country to another for an extended period and intend to spend more than five hours in transit, you will need to obtain a transit visa. Transit visas are free of charge and valid in all countries.
If you are traveling to Qatar, please ensure that you have the following documents upon arrival.
- Printed visa for Qatar
- Passports should be valid for six months.
How easy is it to obtain a Qatar visa?
It is easy to apply for a Qatar visa, and you will receive the visa by email soon after you have submitted your application.
How do I apply for a Qatar visa?
The e-visa is available to those who don’t have a valid passport or do not meet all the requirements to obtain a visa via the official website. The e-visa will be emailed to you directly as a PDF file.
When will I receive my Qatar eVisa?
You’ll receive an email containing your Qatar eVisa information if your application is approved. Please keep your email address up-to-date so that you have access to it.
Qatar e-Visa: how long does it last?
There is a possibility of extending the validity of an ETA visa for a maximum of one month following arrival in Qatar and a maximum period of three months following departure.
Qatar visa application timeframe?
You will typically receive your Qatar visas within five business days if you hold a valid passport. However, you should ensure that you complete your Qatar visa application form as correctly as possible to avoid delays in processing your visa application.