It is possible to obtain Qatari visas in several ways: transit visas, business visas, employment visas, student visas, or tourist visas. There is a Qatar e-services portal on the Ministry of Interior website that allows you to check visas and residence permits and even track the status of visa approvals. In this guide, we explain how to extend Qatari visa validity and how to check Qatar visa status.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to check Qatar visa status online in 2023
- 2 How to check Qatar visa status by MOI Qatar
- 3 What to do before coming to Qatar
- 4 How to check Qatar visa status through Qatar Visa Center’s (QVC)Website
- 5 How to check Qatar visa status by Passport Number
- 6 Visa extension for Qatar
- 7 Fees for Qatar Visa Extensions
- 8 Tracking of Qatar visas with MOI
- 9 Visa Status Check for Qatari Residents
- 10 FAQs
- 11 Final Thoughts
How to check Qatar visa status online in 2023
Qatar visas can now be verified online through the Qatar Visa Center’s website (QVC) and the Ministry of Interior’s website. Still, you will need to provide either that or the passport number to do so.
How to check Qatar visa status by MOI Qatar
In order to check the status of your Qatar visa application, you will need to enter your passport number or visa number on the Moi Qatar website. Checking the status of your Qatar visa application is as simple as entering the number from your passport or visa and clicking the search button.
- Click “Visa Services” on the MOI website.
- Go to “Visa Inquiry & Printing.”
- You can check using either your passport or visa number.
- Enter your citizenship code.
- Click “Submit” to see your visa status.
Note: If you receive an invalid visa as a result of your application, consider the following:
- Make sure your visa is valid.
- Keep your visas up-to-date.
- Ensure your travel agency processes Qatar visas on time.
Having the correct visa profession is also important. For example, if you are an Engineer and are taking a job in Qatar, you will need a Visa for Engineers. Otherwise, you may have difficulties in the future.
What to do before coming to Qatar
- Check your visa before leaving.
- You should print your visa.
- Check your profession and visa.
- VISA validity check.
- Any issues give no money to your agent.
- Avoid agents’ traps.
How to check Qatar visa status through Qatar Visa Center’s (QVC)Website
QVC provides status updates on visa applications for South Sudanese, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, and Nepalese applicants. With QVC, you can track your Qatar visa application easily; all applicants from the countries mentioned above will be able to access this service. The rest of the world can only check Qatar’s visa status through the MOI.
- Check out Qatar Visa Center’s (QVC) website.
- Some websites automatically pick your preferred language and country.
- Go to “Track Application”.
- Complete the passport, visa, and captcha fields.
- Submit the form to check your Qatar visa status.
How to check Qatar visa status by Passport Number
By entering your valid passport number, you will be able to check your Qatar visa status online by passport number.
- Visit moi.gov.qatar to check your ID.
- The next step is to click the inquiry button.
- You can begin by clicking on the “Visa Inquiry” link.
- Click submit after entering the Visa Number and Passport Number.
- Click on the Print Visa button to print your Qatar Visa Status.
Visa extension for Qatar
The Ministry of Interior (MOI) provides a portal through which Qatar visa holders can extend their visas online, or their embassies can do it on their behalf if they have a current Qatar visa.
- Smartcard login for MOI’s e-services.
- Click “Visa Services” for a visa extension.
- Enter your passport number or visa number.
- Select a country.
- Click on the captcha code.
- Pay the expenses and choose the extension period.
Fees for Qatar Visa Extensions
Paying QR 200 a month as an extension fee for Qatar visas is mandatory.
Tracking of Qatar visas with MOI
If you wish to check the status of your Qatari visitor visa approval, please visit the Ministry of Interior’s website:
- Visit the MOI Qatar website.
- Type the “Application Number”.
- Choose “Visit” under “Visa Type”.
- Enter the QID of your sponsor.
- Input “Nationality”.
- Completes the Captcha correctly.
- Then submit.
- You’ll see your approval status for Qatari visitor visas.
Visa Status Check for Qatari Residents
The Ministry of Interior provides an online service through which you can check whether your Qatari residency visa has been approved:
- Go to the MOI website.
- Put “Application Number”.
- Click “Residency” on “Visa Type”.
- Enter either the “QID Sponsor” or the “Application Date.”
- Complete the Captcha correctly.
- Then click “Submit”.
- Track the status of your Qatari resident visa approval.
How can I obtain information from MOI Information Inquiries?
In the online portal of the Ministry of Interior of Qatar, you can find answers to many questions, such as:
- Track Visa’s approval.
- Visa inquiry and printing.
- Print and track RP applications.
- Documents check.
- Ticket violations.
- Apply for an exit permit.
- Permit inquiry.
- Permit application for airports.
Does the Qatari visa contain any information?
On valid visas, numerous categories of information can be found, including picture, passport number, description, gender, visa type, work or visit, Travel Index, Visa Duration, Passport Status, Visa Validity, Visa Status, the occupation of the sponsor, etc.
What is the reason for my visa being invalid at MOI?
It may be due to any number of reasons:
- The visa application is still pending.
- Having a duplicate of a Qatari visa.
- Your agent has issued you a fake visa.
Thanks for enquiring about Qatar Visa Status. We would be happy to assist you if you have questions regarding mois.gov.qatar visa inquiries.