If you’re living in Saudi Arabia, you must keep your iqama (residency permit) up-to-date in order to avoid any legal issues because it proves that you’re legally living and working in the country. But keeping track of the expiration date can take time and effort, especially if you’re busy. Fortunately, several online resources make checking your iqama expiration date easy. With just a few clicks, you can find out when your iqama will expire and take the necessary steps to renew it on time. Further, you can also track your Iqama status anywhere you have an internet connection.
Maintaining a regular Iqama Expiry Check of your iqama ensures you comply with Saudi Arabian laws and regulations. It helps you avoid a court dispute and gives you peace of mind knowing that your residency status is up to date. This guide will provide all the information you need about checking your iqama expiration date, including how to use online resources. Let’s start.
Table of Contents
What is Iqama?
Iqama is a residency permit that foreign nationals need to live and work legally in Saudi Arabia. It is a lawful document required by law for expatriates to reside and work in the Kingdom. The iqama is a pocket card that contains important personal information and must be carried at all times.
How to obtain Iqama?
Foreign nationals must first obtain a work visa and enter the country legally in order to obtain an iqama. Once in the KSA, the sponsor or employer will initiate the iqama application process on behalf of the employee. During the application process, a valid passport, work contract, and sponsorship agreement must be submitted, as well as medical tests and fingerprinting.
How to renew Iqama?
In most cases, the iqama is valid for one year and must be renewed yearly. The renewal process requires the submission of the required documents and the payment of the renewal fee. Fines, imprisonment, or deportation can result from not constantly renewing or carrying the iqama.
What are the Iqama Holders’ Advantages?
- Access to Services: The iqama grants certain privileges to its holder, including the ability to open a bank account, obtain a driver’s license, and enroll in government-sponsored healthcare programs. Saudi Arabians benefit greatly from these services, which can help them lead comfortable life.
- Legal Compliance: The holder of the iqama is responsible for adhering to the laws and regulations of the Kingdom. They include following the rules regarding residency, employment, and conduct. Individuals who comply with these regulations may avoid legal consequences, such as revocation of their iqama and deportation.
How to Check Your Iqama Expiry Date?
As a foreign resident living in Saudi Arabia, keeping your Iqama ID current is one of the most important things to remember. You have three options for checking your Iqama Expiry Check and validity in Saudi Arabia in 2023. All users with an internet connection can use these methods. Expats can use this information to keep track of their Iqama status. You can check the expiration date of your Saudi Iqama in three easy ways.
How to Check Iqama Expiry Date Status with Absher Portal?
In Saudi Arabia, expatriates must have an Iqama (residence permit) to stay. A valid Iqama must be kept up-to-date to avoid any legal complications. You can check your Iqama expiry date on the Absher Portal by following the steps below.
Step 1: Create an Absher Account
You’ll need an account to access the Absher Portal. If you’ve got one, skip this step. For those who don’t, here are the steps to getting one:
- To sign up, visit the Absher Portal website ( www.absher.sa ) and click the “New User” link.
- Click the “Next” button after entering your Iqama number, date of birth, mobile number, and email address.
- Create your Absher account by entering a username and password and clicking the “Register” button.
- You will receive a verification code on your mobile phone to finish the registration process.
- Enter the code into the portal.
Step 2: Login to your Absher account
Now that you have registered for an Absher account, you can log in to the Absher Portal by following the steps below:
- Go to the Absher Portal website (www.absher.sa) and click the “Login” button.
- You will be prompted to enter your username, password, and the verification code you received via SMS.
- Log in by clicking the “Login” button.
Step 3: Access the Query Iqama Expiry Service
To use the Query Iqama Expiry Check service, log into your Absher account and follow these instructions:
- If you wish to switch languages, click on the three lines in the upper right corner of the portal.
- You must scroll down the page and look for the “Query Iqama Expiry Service” button.
Step 4: Check Iqama Expiry Date
Here are the steps you can follow after logging into the Query Iqama Expiry service toIqama Expiry Check:
- Type your “Iqama number” into the field above.
- The second field requires you to enter the captcha code displayed on the screen.
- You can check the expiration date of your Iqama by clicking on the “View” button.
- A green or red color will appear next to the expiration date.
How to Iqama Expiry Check on Absher App?
The Absher portal is an online platform established by the Saudi Arabian government to provide its residents with a wide range of e-services and information. The Absher portal offers Query Iqama Expiration as one of its services. So users can check the expiration date of their Iqama (residence permit) in Saudi Arabia through this service. To determine the Iqama Expiry Check of your Iqama, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Download and Launch the Absher App
- You can download the Absher application from the App Store and Google Play.
- Obtain the app from the app store and launch it on your mobile device.
Step 2: Log in to the App
- Upon launching the Absher app, you must sign in with your Absher user ID and password.
- Absher requires you to create an account if you do not already have one.
Step 3: Verify Your Identity
- The security of your account may be enhanced by requiring you to provide a one-time password (OTP) sent to your mobile phone.
- You will need to enter the OTP in order to verify your identity.
Step 4: Access Your Profile
When you log into the Absher app, you can access the ‘Profile’ option under the ‘My Services’ section.
Step 5: View Your Iqama Expiry Check
- You will find the option “My Iqama” under the “Profile” section.
- By tapping on it, you can access your Iqama information.
- You can view the expiration date of your Iqama and other details related to your Saudi Arabian residence status here.
How to Check Iqama Expiry Without Absher Using MOL?
To maintain your expat status in Saudi Arabia, you should keep track of the expiration date of your Iqama. Not frequent, but sometimes Absher, the official portal for Saudi government services, is unavailable to all users. In such a demanding situation, you can check your Iqama status by visiting the Ministry of Labor (MOL) website. To accomplish this, follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit MOL Inquiry Service
You should begin by visiting the MOL inquiry service through your web browser.
Step 2: Change Language
In the event that you are uncomfortable with Arabic, you may switch to English by selecting the appropriate option from the menu above.
Step 3: Fill in the Form
In order to obtain the Iqama status, you must complete the inquiry form step by step. Here is how you can do it:
- If you have an Iqama number, please enter it in the first field of the form.
- Please enter your date of birth in the second field.
Note: It is important to note, however, that the format of the date of birth on the MOL website adheres to the Hijri calendar, which is based on the lunar calendar. If you are an expatriate, converting your Gregorian date of birth into a Hijri calendar may prove challenging. As a result, you may click the “Hijri Calendar to Gregorian Calendar” option, and the website will automatically convert the date to English format.
- In the third field, enter the captcha image code. Click the next button after entering the code shown in the image.
Step 4: Check the Iqama Status
- After completing the form, you can view all the information about your Iqama status, including its expiration date.
- Using the MOL website, you can obtain a comprehensive report regarding your Iqama’s validity, so review all the information carefully.
Note: With the MOL iqama expiry check method, you can check the validity of your Iqama globally, as the Ministry of Labor’s portal is available from anywhere in the world. The MOL website has an infographic with step-by-step instructions that may help understand the process.
Iqama Red-Green Status: What It Is and How To Check?
Those living abroad in Saudi Arabia may have heard the terms “Iqama red-green status” and “Nitaqat program.” These terms refer to a Saudi program categorizing employers based on their ability to process visa applications. We will discuss the red-green status of Iqama IDs and explain how to check them.
What is the Red-Green Status on the Iqama ID?
A red-green status on the Iqama ID indicates that the company complies with the Nitaqat program. Nitaqat is an initiative of the Saudi Arabian government designed to promote hiring more Saudi nationals and reduce the country’s reliance on foreign workers. According to the program, companies are classified into different colors in accordance with their number of Saudi national employees.
An organization that employs many Saudi nationals will be considered a green organization. Alternatively, if the company has a small number of Saudi nationals, it will be classified as a red enterprise. The red-green status of the company will likely have a negative impact on the red-green status of its foreign workers.
How Does the Iqama Red-Green Status Affect Foreign Workers?
The Iqama red-green status affects foreign workers in several ways. Consider the case of an expat whose Iqama has a green status. As a result, employers or companies have a wide range of options when processing foreign workers’ visas. There are several benefits associated with having a green Iqama status:
- Iqama Renewal: Green-status companies are permitted to renew the Iqama of their employees on their behalf.
- Expat sponsorship: Sponsorship for foreign expats may also be transferred to another organization, so expats with green status are more likely to be able to move to another organization than expats with red status.
How to Check the Iqama Red-Green Status?
To check your Iqama red-green status, you may visit the Iqama portal the Ministry of Labour provides. Here is how you can determine whether your Iqama is red or green:
- You can access the Iqama portal on the Ministry of Labour’s website at www.mol.gov.sa.
- Enter the number from your Iqama, passport, or border crossing card.
- You will need to enter the captcha code.
- Click the search button.
If your submission is successful, you will be able to view the following information:
- Number of work permit
- Status of employment
- Color of iqama
- Legal status of a business
- Iqama number
Note: It is necessary to have the Iqama number to search for the Iqama status online on the Ministry of Interior (MoI) website in Saudi Arabia.
Thus, to conclude, the Iqama Expiry Check is an integral step every Saudi Arabian immigrant must undertake to ensure they meet the country’s legal requirements. Checking the expiration date of an individual’s Iqama can prevent them from being subject to the legal consequences of overstaying or failing to renew their residency permit.
Additionally, conducting regular Iqama Expiry Checks helps individuals stay organized and plan their future. Failure to renew an Iqama on time can also result in suspending various services, including bank accounts, driving licenses, and mobile phone services. For this reason, it is imperative that your Iqama is current and valid to maintain a smooth and hassle-free living experience in Saudi Arabia.