Qatar has announced that Indian passport holders can obtain a visa on arrival in 2017. This development comes as good news for a large number of Indian tourists and travelers who wish to visit Qatar. With the new visa on arrival policy, it has become easier and more convenient to visit Qatar with an Indian passport. The country is home to many tourist attractions and offers plenty of opportunities for leisure activities. So if you plan a trip to Qatar, make sure you avail of this new visa-on-arrival facility.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Qatar visa on arrival?
- 2 Qatar On Arrival Visa Requirements for Indians
- 3 How Do Indians Apply for Qatar On Arrival Visa
- 4 How To Extend Qatar On Arrival Visa
- 5 When can Indians extend their Qatar On Arrival visa?
- 6 Benefits of Qatar visa on arrival
- 7 Qatar visa on arrival policy for Indians
- 8 Applying for a Qatar visa on arrival for Indian
- 9 Qatar visa on arrival restrictions
- 10 Qatar Visa on Arrival Timeframe
- 11 Qatar Visa on Arrival Validity
- 12 Qatar Visa on Arrival Costs
- 13 Is the renewal receipt required when I return?
- 14 How Can I Get A Free Visa For Qatar?
- 15 New Qatar On Arrival Visa Rules
- 16 Fine for an Expired Visit Visa in Qatar
- 17 Can Indians enter Qatar without a visa?
- 18 Can I get a Qatar visa upon arrival for GCC residents?
- 19 What other visas are available to Indian citizens?
- 20 FAQs
- 21 Conclusion
What is a Qatar visa on arrival?
Qatar visa on arrival allows Indian nationals to visit Qatar without a prior visa. This facility is available to all citizens of India, regardless of their purpose or duration of stay in Qatar. Upon arrival at the immigration counter, travelers must provide valid documents such as passports and other required papers. The immigration officer will then grant them an entry permit valid for up to 30 days.
Qatar On Arrival Visa Requirements for Indians
1. Valid passport and travel documents
All passengers must have valid passport and travel documents. The passport should be valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in Qatar.
2. Confirmed onward or return ticket
All passengers must have a confirmed onward or return ticket. A licensed travel agent should issue the ticket.
3. Visa application form
Visa applications are required for all passengers. Forms are available from the Qatar Embassy, Consulate, or a licensed travel agent.
4. Two recent passport-size photographs
A visa application form must include two passport-size photographs. It is recommended to take photographs with a white background.
5. Proof of financial means
Passengers must submit proof of financial means, such as bank statements or credit card statements, with their visa application form.
How Do Indians Apply for Qatar On Arrival Visa
To be eligible for a Qatar on-arrival visa for Indians, you must have a valid passport with at least six months of remaining validity and a confirmed onward ticket. You must also have proof of sufficient funds to support your stay in Qatar.
2. Application Process
To apply for a Qatar on arrival visa for Indians, you must fill out an online application form. Once the form has been completed, you will need to submit it and the required documents to the Embassy.
3. Required Documents
When applying for a Qatar on arrival visa for Indians, you must submit several documents, including a passport copy, a passport-sized photo, and proof of onward travel. You may also be required to submit additional documents, such as proof of financial means or a letter of invitation from a sponsor in Qatar.
Qatar on arrival visa fees for Indians varies depending on the length of stay and the type of visa required. For example, a single-entry visa valid for 30 days costs QAR 100, while a multiple-entry visa valid for 90 days costs QAR 300. Fees are subject to change and should be paid in cash or by credit card at the time of application.
5. Processing Time
The processing time for a Qatar on arrival visa for Indians is typically three to five business days. However, processing times may vary depending on the time of year and the Embassy or consulate where you apply.
How To Extend Qatar On Arrival Visa
1. Verify requirements
Before you begin the application process, you must ensure that you meet all the requirements for an extension. To be eligible, you must have a valid passport and a Qatar visa that has not expired. You will also need proof of employment or enrollment in an educational institution in Qatar and a letter from your employer or school stating that you are in good standing.
2. Compile the documents
Once you have confirmed that you meet the requirements, you will need to gather the required documents. These include a completed application form, two recent passport-sized photographs, your passport, and your Qatar visa. You will also need proof of employment or enrollment in an educational institution and a letter from your employer or school stating that you are in good standing.
Once you have gathered the required documents, you can submit your application for an extension at any Qatar Visa Application Centre or online at the MOI website. Complete the online form with your passport number, nationality, and visa number. You’ll get notified once your online form is submitted. Applicants can pay the application processing fee with a credit card, debit card, or cash.
4. Wait for a decision
After your application has been submitted, it will be reviewed by the relevant authorities. You should receive a decision on your application within 10 working days. If your application is approved, you will be issued a new visa with an extended validity period.
5. Renew your residency permit (if applicable)
If you are employed in Qatar, you will also need to renew your residency permit (RP) when you extend your visa. You can complete this process online through the Ministry of Interior moi.gov.qatar website or at any Immigration Department office.
When can Indians extend their Qatar On Arrival visa?
You can apply for an extension of your Qatar on arrival visa for Indians up to 15 days before the expiration date. However, applicants must submit their applications at least five days before the expiration date to ensure that their applications will be processed in time. Applications must be submitted before the expiration date to be accepted.
It is important to note that extensions are not guaranteed, and applications may be denied, so planning and applying in advance is important.
By understanding the requirements, gathering the necessary documents, and submitting the application at least five days before your visa expiration date, you can promptly ensure that you will receive Qatar on arrival visa extension.
Benefits of Qatar visa on arrival
The main benefit of this facility is that it makes the whole process much more convenient and hassle-free.
- There is no need to apply for a separate visa beforehand or wait in long queues at the airport.
- Additionally, travelers can save time by not having to submit extensive paperwork before their trip.
- Finally, this visa on arrival facility is available to all citizens of India, regardless of their purpose or duration of stay in Qatar.
- The visa can be obtained directly at the airport once all required documents have been submitted and approved.
- This makes it much simpler and more convenient for travelers to visit Qatar. Indian passport holders can enjoy the many attractions that Qatar has to offer.
- With this visa on arrival policy in place, they no longer have any barriers preventing them from doing so.
- It is an excellent move by the Government of Qatar and provides an opportunity for many travelers from India to experience the country’s unique culture, history, and hospitality.
Qatar has become a popular tourist destination for Indian travelers over the past few years. With the new visa on arrival policy in place, it will now be easier and more convenient for them to visit the country. So if you plan a trip to Qatar, make sure you avail of this new facility. The Government of Qatar has made the process easier for Indians to enter the country by providing an on-arrival visa. So make sure you take advantage of this visa on arrival facility and maximize your travel experience in Qatar!
Qatar visa on arrival policy for Indians
The Qatar visa on arrival for Indian citizens policy enables Indians to enter Qatar and stay up to 30 days without a prior visa.
- Upon arrival at the immigration counter, travelers must provide valid documents such as a passport and other required paperwork.
- The immigration officer will then grant them an entry permit valid for up to 30 days. To be eligible for this visa on arrival facility, travelers must possess a valid passport with at least six months of validity.
- They must also provide proof of sufficient funds and a confirmed return ticket.
- The main benefit of this policy is that it allows travelers to enter Qatar without any prior visa or paperwork required.
Therefore, it makes it much simpler and more convenient for travelers from India to visit the country, explore its attractions and enjoy its unique culture and hospitality. So make sure you take advantage of this visa on arrival policy and maximize your travel experience in Qatar!
Applying for a Qatar visa on arrival for Indian
- Indian citizens with a valid passport and a confirmed onward or return ticket can apply for a visa on arrival to Qatar.
- Applicants must have proof of sufficient financial means to support their stay in Qatar and a hotel reservation or other accommodation arrangements.
- Those traveling for business purposes must have an invitation from a Qatari company, while those traveling for tourism must have proof of hotel reservations or other accommodation arrangements.
- Transit passengers are not eligible for a visa on arrival and must obtain a transit visa in advance.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and have all required documents, including birth certificates and passports.
Qatar visa on arrival restrictions
Yes, there are restrictions on what you can do while in Qatar with a visa on arrival.
- The visa is valid for single or multiple entries and can be valid for up to 30 days.
- You are not allowed to work or study in Qatar with this visa, and you must leave the country before the permit expires.
- It is also recommended that you leave Qatar before the expiry date of your visa, as overstaying in Qatar can lead to severe consequences.
- Additionally, visa holders must ensure that their passport is valid for at least six months upon arrival in Qatar and that they can provide proof of sufficient funds and a confirmed onward or return ticket as required.
Note: Failure to comply with these restrictions can result in your visa being canceled, and you may be required to leave Qatar immediately.
Qatar Visa on Arrival Timeframe
The process of obtaining a visa in Qatar is relatively fast and efficient. Generally, it takes around 2-3 days for the immigration personnel to process the application and grant entry.
Qatar Visa on Arrival Validity
A Qatar visa on arrival is usually valid for 30 days from the entry date. The visa can be extended for 30 days, up to 90 days from the entry date. Travelers must apply for the extension in advance and provide valid documents such as a passport and proof of residence.
Qatar Visa on Arrival Costs
Qatar’s visa on arrival fee is QR 100 (approx. INR 2,159). The fee is payable in cash at the airport upon arrival.
Is the renewal receipt required when I return?
Yes, you will need to present the renewal receipt when you leave Qatar. You need to present this document at the checkpoint when you leave the country once your visa extension has been approved. Without this document, you may be denied entry or exit from Qatar.
It is important to ensure that you keep your renewal receipt safe and secure until you have left Qatar, as it will be required for re-entry into the country.
How Can I Get A Free Visa For Qatar?
Unfortunately, there is no way to get a free visa for Qatar. A fee must accompany all visa applications, and the applicable processing times will also apply. However, it is important to note that some nationalities may be exempt from visa requirements when traveling to Qatar.
It is best to check with the relevant diplomatic mission to determine if you are eligible for visa-free travel. Additionally, discounted fees and expedited processing may be available to certain travelers. Before submitting your application, check with the Embassy or consulate for details on costs, fees, and processing times.
New Qatar On Arrival Visa Rules
In July 2019, Qatar launched a new online visa system that allows Indian citizens to apply for and obtain a visa on arrival.
- The online system simplifies the process and reduces wait times, allowing travelers to apply for their visas easily.
- The online system is user-friendly and requires minimal documentation, such as a valid passport, passport-size photograph, and other supporting documents.
- Once the application is approved, travelers will receive an email with their visa information which must be presented to immigration upon arrival. This new system makes it easier for Indian citizens to get a Qatar visa on arrival.
Fine for an Expired Visit Visa in Qatar
The fines for an expired visit visa in Qatar vary depending on how long your visa has expired.
- For visas that have expired for one day to 30 days, the fine is 100 Qatari Riyals.
- For visas that have expired for 31 days to 180 days, the fine is 500 Qatari Riyals.
- For visas that have expired for 181 days or longer, the fine is 1,000 Qatari Riyals.
Additionally, you may be liable to pay administrative and legal fees associated with the overstay. It is important to note that these fines are subject to change, so check with the relevant diplomatic mission for up-to-date information.
Can Indians enter Qatar without a visa?
Yes, Indians do not need a visa to enter Qatar. However, they can apply for a visa on arrival at the port of entry in Qatar. This facility is available to all citizens of India, regardless of their purpose or duration of stay in Qatar. Upon arrival at the immigration counter, travelers must provide valid documents such as passport and other travel documents. The immigration personnel will then grant them an entry permit valid for up to 30 days.
Can I get a Qatar visa upon arrival for GCC residents?
Yes, GCC residents are eligible to receive a Qatar visa on arrival. To apply for the visa, you must provide your original passport, a valid GCC residence permit, and a valid visa or entry stamp from one of the other GCC countries. Additionally, you will need to pay the relevant visa fee in Qatari Riyals. Depending on your nationality, you may also be required to provide additional documents such as a medical report, proof of medical insurance, and a valid return ticket.
What other visas are available to Indian citizens?
Indian citizens can apply for tourist, business, student, and work visas. Depending on your trip’s purpose, you can apply for an eVisa in advance or a visa when you arrive.
How long is the validity of Qatar on arrival visa for Indians?
The validity of Qatar on arrival visa for Indians is usually 30 days from the entry date. It can be extended for an additional 15 days, up to a maximum of 45 days.
How much does it cost to extend my Qatar on arrival visa for Indians?
The processing fee for extending your Qatar on arrival visa will depend on the length of stay requested.
What documents do I need to apply for an extension of my Qatar on arrival visa?
You will need to provide the following;
- A valid passport
- Proof of employment
- Enrollment in an educational institution,
- Letter from your employer or school stating that you are in good standing.
How long will it take to get a decision on my application?
Applications should be reviewed within 10 working days, and we will notify you of the decision.
Qatar visa on arrival for Indian citizens is a great option as it allows applicants to enter Qatar quickly and easily. It is important to note, however, that applicants must meet specific requirements and pay the relevant fees to be approved. Additionally, GCC residents may be eligible for a Qatar visa on arrival, depending on their nationality.
Lastly, Indian citizens may also apply for other visas, such as tourist, business, student, and work visas, depending on the purpose of their trip. Check with the relevant Embassy or consulate for up-to-date information and requirements.